Teaching is a rewarding and well-respected job. A teacher has a very high position in our culture, as well as in the educational system. Teachers have an important role in shaping a child’s destiny and character.
The B. Ed course became the most difficult teacher preparation course among them. Today, regardless of what level you want to teach at, you must complete some form of teacher training course, and if
if you want to teach at the secondary level, you must complete the B. Ed course.
Eligibility and Age criteria for B. Ed course
The minimum and maximum ages should be 21 and 40, respectively. Despite the fact that there are no age restrictions for this course, many universities are hesitant to admit students beyond the age of 40. You can also do this course through B. Ed online classes too.
Students who are interested in becoming teachers or who enjoy teaching should enrol in this course. Teaching is a great career that rewards you with a decent pay and a lot of respect. Students who desire a bright future and a good wage should enrol in this course.
What does a student study in a B. Ed class?
This is a teacher training course, as the name implies. As a result of this, you will be eligible to teach. Many people believe that being a teacher is simple, yet effectively educating children and explaining anything to them is a challenging task.
When a person decides to become a teacher, he or she must be between the ages of 22 to 25, and the children they will be teaching are between the ages of 5 and 10. As a result, persuading people at that level is a tough and time-consuming procedure. Because to grasp anything, how much growth of mind of a 25-year-old person & that of a kid of 5 years or 10 years As a result, they must explain everything in their own words, which is never simple.
Anyway, it has been argued that a teacher’s expertise is unimportant; what counts is how well he/she can explain his students. So, as a teacher, you will learn how to explain any subject to your pupils and make them feel at ease during the B. Ed course. In today’s world, you must become less of a teacher and more of a child’s friend in order for the youngsters to learn effectively from you.
So, during this training, you will be trained in such a way that you will feel comfortable around children and that the children will learn rapidly. Another advantage of this programme is that you will receive both practical and theoretical knowledge during your B.Ed. programme. In other words, you learn how to teach during the B. Ed programme.
Skills Required for B. Ed professional Course
There are some crucial skills required for whatever course you want to pursue, and if these skills are presentin you, you will be more successful after completing that course. Similarly, if you plan to do a B. Ed professional course, you need to have some abilities in order to become a competent teacher and effectively instruct students.
- Problem-solving abilities
- Communication abilities
- Teaching methodologies
- Polite Attitude
If you want to do the B. Ed course but lack any of these abilities, you must strive to acquire them throughout the course. It will benefit you as well as your students.
Scope for higher education after B. Ed:
You can pursue higher education after obtaining your diploma in this subject. You can pursue a variety of higher education options. Following are a few of the degrees and courses that may be pursued following this:
- Master of Education (M.Ed): A Master of Education (M.Ed) is a two-year postgraduate degree in education. This course will provide you with a thorough understanding of all areas and disciplines of education. This programme is also available for one year at a few colleges. To pursue M. Ed, you must have a B. Ed score of 50 percent to 60 percent.
- PhD (Education): A doctorate degree in education, often known as a PhD, is the highest degree in education and may only be obtained after completing a master’s degree in education. Following your Ph.D., you will have access to a variety of attractive professional opportunities.
Scope for Government Jobs after B. Ed:
After completing your B.Ed., you can work for the government. The following are some of the most common teaching job profiles for which applicants are recruited in government schools:
- Primary school teachers are in charge of educating children in grades one through five. They are in charge of teaching a variety of subjects to pupils of various grades.
- PGT (Post Graduate Teacher): A PGT teacher is in charge of classroom management, topic material, and staff development activities, among other things.
- SA (School Assistant): A SA’s job entails supporting instructors in lesson planning, as well as assisting students in getting ready for classes and other activities.
- Language teachers are in charge of designing and developing instructional materials. The primary responsibility is to teach a certain language.
- Central Government Teacher: People are in charge of instructing, leading, and evaluating pupils, as well as assisting them in extracurricular activities.
Scope for Private Jobs after B. Ed:
After finishing the B.Ed course, applicants might hunt for a decent position in the private sector in addition to government jobs. Below are some popular post-B.Ed employment opportunities.
- Aspirants who have completed their B.Ed might pursue a career as a teacher at a private school. Coaching institutions are another possibility for a B.Ed degree holder. They may also choose to work as a private tutor.
- Online Tutor: Due to the country’s current coronavirus outbreak, online tuition has taken the place of traditional lessons. Candidates who complete their B.Ed can pursue a career as an online tutor.
- Educational Counsellor: Candidates who have completed their B.Ed can work as educational counsellors. An educational counsellor’s job is to advise students who are having academic difficulties and to assist them in choosing a course that is appropriate for their ability.
- Content Writer: A B.Ed degree holder can also work as a content writer, since many websites and portals now employ workers from numerous fields.
- Candidates can also pursue a career as a researcher, which allows them to do study on a variety of topics.